The Hampton Inn Southridge is committed to reducing our carbon footprint and protecting the environment by implementing strategies and efforts throughout the hotel to promote environmental sustainability. The hotel has a goal to create and maintain effective policies and initiatives to help ensure a reduced impact on the environment and to continue environmental sustainability efforts.
Waste is reduced throughout the hotel:
· Lights are turned off in rooms that are not used
· AC/Heating units are turned down in rooms that are not used
· We have installed energy efficient bulbs in all compatible light fixtures
· Exterior lighting
The front desk reduces waste by:
Asking each guests the number of keys that they would like to have. We recycle all keys, but the fewer keys we have to give out, the better.
Offering to email receipts to eliminate paper use and using old used paper as scrap paper instead of using new paper.
Front desk associates also have an email as a way to communicate instead of using paper products for communication.
Housekeeping reduces waste by:
· Turning off lights and turning down the AC/Heating units in rooms that are not occupied
· Hampton Take Car cards are placed in each guest room to inform guests to hang towels for re-use
· Toilet paper and tissues are made of recycled products